Resource Menu

posted by Rüdiger Lincke at Jan 11, 2006 12:22 PM
Thank you, I will take this into account, and see, if it is acceptable for the users, or if they are just disziplined enough to not abuse their priviledges.
posted by Guest at Jan 11, 2006 12:22 PM
Do I need to be a kind of moderator, and watch all the time, when a user creates a new thread, that I configure it, so that the users I want can post messages to it? This would delay my work a bit, since I can not always respond as fast as needed.

Yes this should be the way that you should do it for the moment. But you can be automaticaly notified by LibreSource that someone posted a new thread instantly...

To do so, just add a filter to your user on the forum URI with a event type of kernel.create

Regards

Artenum Team

Ok, what does this now mean to me?

Can I get somewhere the updated LibreSource version, where the bug is fixed, and my problems are solved?

Do I need to be a kind of moderator, and watch all the time, when a user creates a new thread, that I configure it, so that the users I want can post messages to it? This would delay my work a bit, since I can not always respond as fast as needed.

I currently solved the problem, by giving all rights to everybody in the forum, which has the disadvantage, that people can delete threads and create other resources uncontrolled. That is what I do not want them to do.

posted by Gérald Oster at Jan 11, 2006 12:22 PM
(quoted message not found : ls://dev.libresource.org/home/forum/11882746c0a8001e003fb70cbc000417/12d850acc0a8001e00287cf16f55e3f8)

According to source code, Posting message and posting thread rely on the the same right Forum:POST ?!
Moreover it seems obvious that if you are allowed to post a thread, you should be allowed to post message in this thread… The opposite sentence might not be true (allowed to post message implies allowed to post thread)
Therefore, i think it was really a bug (post right was not inherited) which was fixed by Florent today. But another behaviour could be designed by adding a new right.

posted by Sebastien Jourdain at Jan 11, 2006 12:22 PM
The Security error:

In fact Posting Thread and Posting Messages is different and when someone create a new Thread, the owner of the Forum should specify who has the right to talk on this new thread.

This is not maybe the best behaviour, but it was the way that we implemented it. We might change it in the futur version of LibreSource.

Regards,

Artenum Team

posted by Sebastien Jourdain at Jan 11, 2006 12:22 PM
Caution:

The groups "/groups/all" is a virtual group that should stay empty. It is used to map any logged user.

Regards,

Artenum Team

posted by Gérald Oster at Jan 11, 2006 12:22 PM
I have some lower priviledges users, who shall use a forum resource for communication. These users are in a group /groups/students which is member of another group /groups/all. In the forum resource, I give all rights possible to the /groups/all. Now I am logged in with a user being member of /groups/students, and I am posting a new thread in the forum. I can create the thread but not reply or quote it. What is wrong? What rights do I have to give so that the /groups/all can post in the forum.

Your problem doesn't come from a bad configuration, but from a bug in the forum. As you have reported it in ! 11985ad0c0a8001e0018933b620e21f7 !, POST right is not inherited...

Am I right, that if group 1 is member of group 2, that all rights I give to group 2 is inherited to group 1?

That's right.

Hello I am currently configuring a LibreSource installation, and I seem to have some problems with the right management.

I have some lower priviledges users, who shall use a forum resource for communication. These users are in a group /groups/students which is member of another group /groups/all. In the forum resource, I give all rights possible to the /groups/all. Now I am logged in with a user being member of /groups/students, and I am posting a new thread in the forum. I can create the thread but not reply or quote it. What is wrong? What rights do I have to give so that the /groups/all can post in the forum.

Am I right, that if group 1 is member of group 2, that all rights I give to group 2 is inherited to group 1?

Thank you.