Resource Menu

posted by Guest at Jan 11, 2006 12:22 PM
If on a linux box, you should probably also set the 'SETGID' flag on that dir, in order to make sure that files created by postgres have the right group id. (chmod g+s <dir>)

(This is probably not necessary, since all the permission denied conflicts I've suffered are when postgres wants to overwrite a file previously created by jonas, i.e. the group is correct).

posted by pascal bertrand at Jan 11, 2006 12:22 PM
Yes, there is. When you build the application you you have to set the temp file directories for the platform in <libresource_root>/Distribution/ls-config.properties. The properties kernel.indexation.data.dir and libresource.distributedFilesystem name directories which have to be readable/writeable by both jonas and postgres.

Create a libresource group and add postgres into it. Create an account for jonas as a member of libresource. Create the directories during the installation, change the owner group as libresource and set the permission for the group.

posted by Sébastien Sockeel at Jan 11, 2006 12:22 PM
Hello,

I've had a similar problem -> On my installation, the server could not managed to access images from the libresource distributed filesystem. It seems that postgres tried to read and modify some files and of course, the postgres user did not have the same rights as the jonas user. I also solved it by running Jonas with postgres user (Thanks to Rüdiger!). But that solution is pretty ugly, is there a better way to solve it. I'm also under Linux.

Thx.

posted by Guest at Jan 11, 2006 12:22 PM
Hello,

well we solved the Permission Denied problem by starting the jonas server using the same user as the postgres database runs.

We are using Linux. Do you usually use Windows as server or some UNIX system? Are there any recommendations, on how to setup/configure the LibreSource server und Linux? I mean, what users and rights to use? Might be a bit more critical under Linux, than under Windows.

Cheers, Rüdiger

posted by Maxime Biais at Jan 11, 2006 12:22 PM
The problem did not come from the operating system.

You may have a misconfiguration in your ressources security.

posted by Rüdiger Lincke at Jan 11, 2006 12:22 PM
Hello, I am creating currently a new project homepage on our own LibreSource installation. When I am uploading new files, like pictures or other data, and I try to access them, I get a Permission denied exception.

Is there something wrong with our installation?

We have LibreSource installed on Linux. What is the development platform for it? Windows?

Thank you, Rüdiger rudiger.lincke@msi.vxu.se <- for the case you can not reply to this thread.