Resource Menu

posted by Sebastien Jourdain at Jan 11, 2006 12:22 PM
The exact lines to import/export the PostgresQL Database:

Export:

pg_dump -f archiveName.tar -F tar -v -b databaseName

Import:

pg_restore -O archiveName.tar -d databaseName

posted by Guest at Jan 11, 2006 12:22 PM
You're right, you have to export blobs using the -b option.

You can find more information about the "pgdump" utility there: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/static/app-pgdump.html

posted by Rüdiger Lincke at Jan 11, 2006 12:22 PM
Hello,

thank you for the tip. This was a good hint, but it did not work exactly as provided. After doing this and importing the database again, the repository was missing. As we found out there are some additioinal parameters necessary to get everything from the database. You need to specify: pg_dump -b dbname > outputfile

-b for dumping also the blobs (important) optionally also -c for cleaning the db before import -C for including create information in the export -f for specifying output file

posted by Maxime Biais at Jan 11, 2006 12:22 PM
Yes, you can dump the libresource database:

$ pg_dump libresource > ls-dump.sql

and then, reload the dumped base:

$ psql -d libresource -f ls-dump.sql

And you will be in the "backuped state"

Ok, thank you for the explanation, I understand now. First I also did a mistake with the So6. I expected after a import of a project, that the workspace is there, but it was not, so I thought the repository got not ex/imported. But I was wrong. The WorkSpace is userdependent and therefore was not moved.

Now just one question about a complete backup, not moving a project or platform to another server, but having a backup for the case of system failure. How do I do this, so that I have the users backed up as well? This does obviously not work using export/import.

When I am making a backup of the PostgreSQL database, is this enough to have everything? So that I can restore it after a break down and continue exactly where I was as I made the backup?

posted by Sebastien Jourdain at Jan 11, 2006 12:22 PM
(quoted message not found : ls://dev.libresource.org/home/forum/220a4814c0a8001e00f04006609041c8/35197081c0a8001e008c425fd8ae2d17)

Exactly… But we do not provide the user migration. When you move a project, you will have to add again the developers and members insides your groups to allow them to access to there data… And the personn who made the import will be the owner of the whole project…

I am not sure if I understood now, if I can create a complete backup of a project or platform, including all forums, files, and repositories (So6 Queue?). Maybe I need to read a bit more about So6 to understand it. But as I understood, LibreSource should make it possible to move complete projects from one server to another, and this should include the maybe not necessarily the user accounts, but for sure the complete source code in the repository, so that the same or new developers on the new server can check out the complete source code for working with it. Or do I understand or expect something wrong?
When you create a new resource, you have a link on the bottom saying: "Import data from XML file" This data is imported to the URI you specify in the "Import data from XML file" dialog.
posted by pascal bertrand at Jan 11, 2006 12:22 PM
How is it possible to import the saved data on a specified ressource path? By now I've only been able to import them with the bootstrap page where you cannot specified a prefix to the relative path saved.
You can export the so6 queue but you can't export replicas. Replicas are linked to a user and a ressource export is mostly user independant.
Hi,

great, thank you for the information. It works great. Just the Repository (So6 queue) is not exported. Any idea, how I can backup this? Or is it done, and I need to activate it in some way?

Greetings, Rüdiger

The "export" button have been disabled (removed from the web renderer) but the functionality is always usable.

If you want to export the "test" project at this URI: http://localhost:9000/projects/test

You have to add "?action=xml" in the URI : http://localhost:9000/projects/test?action=xml

Hello everybody,

maybe, I missed it somewhere in the existing documentation, but I wonder how actually export a LibreSource project into some file or folder structure, so that you can move it to another server, or have it as backup.

Thank you for your help.

Rüdiger Lincke rudiger.lincke@msi.vxu.se