Resource Menu

posted by Guest at Feb 9, 2006 11:14 AM
The ACL was exported before but since LSC 1.5, users can also be moved by Import/export. So the data structure in security management has changed in the XML which prevent a simple migration.

Sorry for that…

Some hack can still be done with SQL script, unfortunatly we didn't make them...

Regards,

Artenum Team

posted by Guest at Feb 9, 2006 10:38 AM
Hello,

if I understand right, I can move all my data, but not the access rights, users and groups.

So I have to re-create all users and groups under the new LibreSource version? And set the ACL's for each single resource?

This is pretty inconvenient! I got a couple of dozent users and groups, and a few hundred resources I need to set the ACL's for.

I hope this procedure is not necessary every time I am going to upgrade. It might take a few days to fix this.

I think a useful new feature for the next version would be to make it possible to move users as well from one platform to another (or one version to another), including ACL'S.

Anyway I am going to upgrade to the new version, since it seems to work very well, and LibreSource itself is a very nice platform.

posted by Florent Jouille at Feb 8, 2006 4:12 PM
Hi,

The v1.5 installation notes tell jOnas should not necessaraly be installed before running the jar file.

But what happens if it is? Is it upgraded? How? Also, if the postgres db is already setup? Would it be possible to write some notes about upgrading LS? I would not want to garbage my config :)

Thx.

-nicolas

About JOnAS :

• The installer create a new Install of JOnAS, configured for LibreSource 1.5.
  • This server will NOT RUN with your old libresource database created by LibreSource 1.0.
  • So you must create a new empty database for the LibreSource 1.5 installation.
About data migration :
  • The only way to migrate your data is the LibreSource XML export. (add ?action=xml on the url of the platform)
  • Then re-import this file in the new install of LibreSource (1.5)
Resources will be re-created owned by the user that run import and with empty acls. Users of the old installation will not be created.

posted by Sebastien Jourdain at Feb 8, 2006 12:22 PM
In fact, the installer will build a directory with JOnAS pre-installed/configured in that directory. But you can keep your old JOnAS and config in another directory.

Then the best way to do, is to create a new database in parrallele of the previous one and just use it for the new version.

After that you might be able to migrate your data by import/export in XML from the previous one.

Regards,

Artenum Team

posted by Guest at Feb 8, 2006 8:11 AM
Hi,

The v1.5 installation notes tell jOnas should not necessaraly be installed before running the jar file.

But what happens if it is? Is it upgraded? How? Also, if the postgres db is already setup? Would it be possible to write some notes about upgrading LS? I would not want to garbage my config :)

Thx.

-nicolas