Resource Menu

Explaination of So6 queue and So6 workspace defined
Can you explain to me how So6 is intended to be used. As an example, I have a project which contains independent sub modules with source code.

From reading the site, it appears that a so6 queue is the root of the source code. Then the initial source file uploading is accomplished by a workspace being created under that queue. Any user wanting to modify the code locally and update/commit would need to, first download the code anonymously to their computer, then create a workspace specific to them before being able to upload the changes.

So with 10 users working on 10 computers, you would see 10 workspaces under 1 so6queue, correct?

When anyone updates their workspace a patch is created for the so6 queue, and all workspaces will get the patches when they update, correct?

Ok, if the above is correct then I have several questions.

First, once the initial workspace is created and the files are uploaded from the file server (the Libresource server), does this workspace need to remain, or can it be deleted; are the files stored within libresource, or is it directly tied to the workspace location on the file server, or is their any other way of uploading the files for the first time from the file server to the queue without creating a workspace, so other developers can get the files?

Second, I have a source project with multiple sub modules. From reading this site, ! compare ! I read that you can create sub workspaces. How is this done? I would like to do this, but can't find any documentation on how to accomplish this. Can you give more detail.

"A so6 workspace can be embedded in a so6 workspace. It allows you to build composite workspace. It is possible to commit/update in each leaf workspace and to commit/update the whole workspace."

"On this figure, there are two libresource servers. The central workspace has two subworkspaces. You can update from joram and bonita queue and commit to the whole jonas queue."

And lastly, if you must keep the initial workspace that was created, then is there a way to schedule the workspace to be updated automatically; for backup purposes, or is this necessary?

Thanks in advance.

posted by Robert Young at Aug 29, 2006 1:30 AM