Resource Menu

posted by Sebastien Jourdain at Jan 11, 2006 12:22 PM
The trans attribute is for the definition of the kind of transaction that should be applied to this method.

In our case, we didn't specify transaction type in the get methods, so the system automatically set this method to support in order to include them in transaction only if the call to this method is inside a transaction...

So you don't have to care except if you see a set method with the support attribute...

Otherwise, you could get some logs

• from Tomcat (JONAS_ROOT/conf/server.xml)
  • from JOnAs (JONAS_ROOT/conf/jonas.properties...)
  • from PostGresQL
Regards,

Artenum Team

posted by Rüdiger Lincke at Jan 11, 2006 12:22 PM
During the statup of Jonas/LibreSource I recognized that there are quite some warnings in the output. It says:

2005-11-14 08:55:44,192 : SessionDesc.checkTxAttribute : trans-attribute missing for method public abstract java.lang.St ring org.libresource.LibresourceService.getShortResourceName(org.libresource.LibresourceResourceIdentifier) throws org.l ibresource.LibresourceException,java.rmi.RemoteException in session bean LibresourceSynchronizerService (set to the defa ult value Supports) 2005-11-14 08:55:44,194 : SessionDesc.checkTxAttribute : trans-attribute missing for method public abstract java.lang.St ringtrans-attribute missing org.libresource.LibresourceService.listAvailablesPermissions(org.libresource.LibresourceResourceIdentifier) throw s org.libresource.LibresourceException,java.rmi.RemoteException in session bean LibresourceSynchronizerService (set to t he default value Supports)

Basically I get quite some messages about a missing trans-attribute. Is this something to worry about? Or can we just ignore it?

Further I wonder if there are some log files we should check for errors or warning, to uncover problems with our LibreSource installation/configuration. It still happens, that the service crashes some times, so I wonder if we might have some hidden problems.