Resource Menu

posted by Sebastien Jourdain at Jan 11, 2006 12:22 PM
I see what you mean but at first we only thought at the case that I explained earlier...

We didn't know that OSX could generate special characters that wasn't supported on other platform...

Regards,

Artenum Team

posted by Rüdiger Lincke at Jan 11, 2006 12:22 PM
Thank you for the clarification.

I guess we were a bit too naiv in the beginning. I makes sence to have a policy in the team on how to handle this.

Some warning message could be useful anyway, or information about this situation in an official handbook.

>how does So6 handle the queue content/synchronization of the workspaces, when workspaces from different operating systems and file systems commit/upate files and folders?

I fact we use the standard java command to manage the filesystem.

>The file systems of UNIX/Linux, MacOS and Windows are pretty different, when it comes to the handling of special characters and blanks in the path. I would expect it to be pretty difficult on the first thought, if one tries to synchronize a workspace over different file systems. How is this handles in So6?

In fact we don't realy care, I mean when you do things specific to a kind of computer, you may only share your data to the same kind of computer. Otherwise you have to define rules inside your team in order to prevent specific OS limitation. That's exactly what happen to you. You have the same problem when a Unix user put in the same directory 2 files with de same name but different case and want to share its data with a Windows user.

We didn't want to limit So6 in such case.

It's the same with the encoding, each system should use the same encoding in order to prevent encoding problem. (The one specified in the So6 queue: Bug fixed in the next release)

Regards,

Artenum Team

Hello,

how does So6 handle the queue content/synchronization of the workspaces, when workspaces from different operating systems and file systems commit/upate files and folders?

The file systems of UNIX/Linux, MacOS and Windows are pretty different, when it comes to the handling of special characters and blanks in the path. I would expect it to be pretty difficult on the first thought, if one tries to synchronize a workspace over different file systems. How is this handles in So6?

Currently I have a problem with some group of users, using Linux, MacOS and Windows for sharing the workspace. It happend that the Mac user commited some folders containing characters which are not allowed in the Windows file system, therefore making the So6 Queue unusable for the other team members. They can not update or commit anymore, since the Eclipse plug-in reports an error, when they try it. I am not sure, if the so6 web client handles this situation better, but the plug-in has a serious problem.

Maybe this issue relates to the problems discussed earlier in this thread. Is this a bug and should be reported? Are there some guidelines or limitations we should consider.

Thank you,

Rüdiger

You should add a the root of your workspace a file named ".ignore.so6" with a line to ignore the metadata directory.

:/.metadata$

Replace / by a back-slash…

Well I don't realy see any reason… I will still think about it...

Regards

Artenum Team

Hello, I have some more information about the problem.

It is now commited, that it only happens under Linux (Ubuntu) using the Eclipse plug-in. Under Windows XP and Eclipse Plug-in everything is fine. Using Linux and the So6 Web Client exclusively everything works fine as well. As soon as the Eclipse plug-in is used by the particular user under Linux to share the project the local workspace gets corrupted:

Log-file of the Web Client trying to update after corruption:

<html>Your local workspace is corrupted. <br>Please restore it</html> ### The local workspace is corrupted ### # org.libresource.so6.core.WsConnection: line 628 # org.libresource.so6.core.ui.BasicProgressView: line 105 # org.libresource.so6.core.exec.ui.Update: line 85 # org.libresource.so6.core.exec.ui.Update$2: line 139 # java.lang.Thread: line 595 Update finished

*** Report *** No Report available...

Log after commiting:

---
A TTT/linuxtestfolder/testclass.class
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.history/a0
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings/org.eclipse.core.resources.prefs
R Protocols
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.projects/TTT/.markers.snap
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.core
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.projects/TTT/.indexes/ac/history.index
A .metadata/version.ini
A TTT/.classpath
R Artifacts
R SourceCode
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.root/.indexes
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings/org.eclipse.ui.prefs
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.history/6
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.core/3658435329.index
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.history/eb
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.history/6/f0623bf91d56001a169f8bc7ec02ec7c
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.history/1c/602e4f591e56001a169f8bc7ec02ec7c
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.projects
A TTT/linuxtestfolder/testclass2.java
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.team.cvs.core/.running
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.ui
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings/org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs
A .metadata/.plugins
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings/org.eclipse.jdt.launching.prefs
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.history/c4/e08406b51b56001a169f8bc7ec02ec7c
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.snap
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.projects/TTT
A TTT/.project#1
A TTT
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.projects/TTT/.indexes/history.index
A TTT/linuxtestfolder/testclass3.java
A TTT/.classpath#2
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.core/externalLibsTimeStamps
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.team.cvs.core
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.debug.core
A TTT/linuxtestfolder/testclass3.class
A .metadata
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.history/ac/80c29dd41d56001a169f8bc7ec02ec7c
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.history/13/d099bedc1d56001a169f8bc7ec02ec7c
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.projects/TTT/.indexes/8c
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.debug.ui
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.projects/TTT/org.eclipse.jdt.core
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.history/bb/c02b181d1b56001a169f8bc7ec02ec7c
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.history/e/007b23f31d56001a169f8bc7ec02ec7c
A TTT/linuxtestfolder/testclass2.class
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.projects/TTT/.indexes
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.history/1c
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.history/eb/f0e7bedc1d56001a169f8bc7ec02ec7c
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.history/bb
A .metadata/.lock
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.history
A TTT/linuxtestfolder/testclass.java
A TTT/SourceCode
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.safetable
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.history/c6
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.history/c6/90fdbddc1d56001a169f8bc7ec02ec7c
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.history/c4
A TTT/.project#1#10
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.history/ac
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.projects/TTT/.indexes/ac
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.launching
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.core/variablesAndContainers.dat
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.root/.markers.snap
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.history/13
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.ui.workbench
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.history/a0/c072bedc1d56001a169f8bc7ec02ec7c
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.projects/TTT/.indexes/8c/history.index
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.history/e
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.ui
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.root
A TTT/Protocols
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.core/7465893.index
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.team.cvs.ui
A TTT/Artifacts
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.projects/TTT/.syncinfo.snap
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.ui.ide
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.launching/libraryInfos.xml
A TTT/linuxtestfolder
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.projects/TTT/.indexes/properties.index
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.root/.indexes/properties.index
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.core/savedIndexNames.txt
A TTT/.project
A .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.safetable/org.eclipse.core.resources
---

The rights for the .so6 folder are all there, also is enough space on the hard disc/partition available.

The user agreed now to use the Web Client exclusively, which works fine as a work around.

We are checking now, if the Eclipse plug-in might have been corrupted. Also there is another user using the Eclipse plug-in successfully under the same Linux disctribution, so we will try to find the difference.

For the case you have any ideas, please let us know. Userwise we can continue working like this without too much problems.

Thank you, Rüdiger

I've just saw them...

You're welcome…

Hello, I uploaded some screen shots in this bug tracker: Possible So6 repository corruption?

I will try to get the log from the user using the web client.

Thank you for your help!

When you make a commit with the Web client, you can view the log and see the exception during runtime…
It seems that So6 was not able to apply the patch on its Reference copy in the .so6 directory.

Reason ?

• Not the right to write in the .so6 directory
  • Not enough space left
  • A file is locked by an application (Usually on Windows not on linux...)
Otherwise, I don't see ?
To post screen shot and discuss about this problem, we could use the bug tracker...

I will check in the code the corruption code 11...

Otherwise, the student have enougth space left on is filesystem ? Because, as I see you never get any operation…

I got some more information:
  1. the problem is now also confirmed under Sun Java 1.5.0_05, we hoped it would be a bug in the Java Runtime.
  2. When we try to create a new connection we get a: Status_code = 403 error.
  3. When we choose a existing connection, it works to connect, but the update failes with: Error_existingConnection_Update
  4. When we try to commit we get: Error_Commit
The so6.properties file has this content (password and user crossed out):

#do not edit
#Mon Nov 14 20:44:56 MEZ 2005
so6.user.login=************
so6.binary.ext=pdf ps eps zip class gif jpg mp3 mpg pngn
so6.clienti.name=org.libresource.so6.core.client.ClientIServletImpl
so6.queue.id=/projects/courses/05HT/DAB702/projects/team3/repository
so6.wsc.name=Markus, Project Manager
so6.user.password=**********
so6.service.url=http://cs.msi.vxu.se:9000/ls-so6/so6
so6.path=/home/markus/workspace/TTT
so6.corruption.state=11
so6.connection.path=/home/markus/workspace/TTT/.so6/1
so6.last.ticket.before.corruption=0

I got some screen shots from the error messages. Is there a way I can upload them?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I don't see were the problem come from, and unfortunatly we didn't get this error before... Thats a pity...

So as I understand, when you use the Web clients it works, but since you use the Eclipse one, you always corrupt your workspace... No, not exactly, the workspace gets in both cases corrupted, but in the web client, we can restore/fit it one time, update/commit, and then fix it again

We could nearly chat…
Maybe the following exception got something to do with out problem. When I am commiting something to the So6 queue, I see the following exception:

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
        at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
        at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:415)
        at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:452)
        at java.text.DigitList.getLong(DigitList.java:149)
        at java.text.DecimalFormat.parse(DecimalFormat.java:1068)
        at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.subParse(SimpleDateFormat.java:1388)
        at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.parse(SimpleDateFormat.java:1156)
        at java.text.DateFormat.parse(DateFormat.java:333)
        at org.libresource.LibresourceEvent.toLibresourceEvent(Unknown Source)
        at org.libresource.core.ejb.MailNotificationsDispatcherBean.onMessage(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor128.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
        at org.objectweb.jonas_ejb.container.JMessageEndpointProxy.invoke(JMessageEndpointProxy.java:200)
        at $Proxy0.onMessage(Unknown Source)
        at org.objectweb.joram.client.connector.InboundSession.onMessage(Unknown Source)
        at org.objectweb.joram.client.jms.Session.run(Unknown Source)
        at org.objectweb.joram.client.connector.InboundSession.run(Unknown Source)
        at org.objectweb.jonas.resource.ResourceWorkManager$WorkerPool.run(ResourceWorkManager.java:437)
This is not included in one of the log files. This I see on the screen, when I am logged on to the LibreSource server.

No, unfortunatly is not the reason… This is related to event notification…

I don't see were the problem come from, and unfortunatly we didn't get this error before...

So as I understand, when you use the Web clients it works, but since you use the Eclipse one, you always corrupt your workspace...

Any idea how this could happen? No… ;-(

Are there some logs we could look at helping us to track down the error? In the web client but I don't think in the eclipse one.

I will come soon with a more detailed error description, including the exact names of the errors/exceptions reported by the plug-in, and the corruption.state entries in the so6.properties file.

Is there anything else we should post, which could help to track down the error?

Just the so6.properties file… Don't forget to remove the properties of the users… (login/password)

Did somebody else experience So6 related problems? Not that one...

Regards Artenum Team

Maybe the following exception got something to do with out problem. When I am commiting something to the So6 queue, I see the following exception:

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
        at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
        at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:415)
        at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:452)
        at java.text.DigitList.getLong(DigitList.java:149)
        at java.text.DecimalFormat.parse(DecimalFormat.java:1068)
        at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.subParse(SimpleDateFormat.java:1388)
        at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.parse(SimpleDateFormat.java:1156)
        at java.text.DateFormat.parse(DateFormat.java:333)
        at org.libresource.LibresourceEvent.toLibresourceEvent(Unknown Source)
        at org.libresource.core.ejb.MailNotificationsDispatcherBean.onMessage(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor128.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
        at org.objectweb.jonas_ejb.container.JMessageEndpointProxy.invoke(JMessageEndpointProxy.java:200)
        at $Proxy0.onMessage(Unknown Source)
        at org.objectweb.joram.client.connector.InboundSession.onMessage(Unknown Source)
        at org.objectweb.joram.client.jms.Session.run(Unknown Source)
        at org.objectweb.joram.client.connector.InboundSession.run(Unknown Source)
        at org.objectweb.jonas.resource.ResourceWorkManager$WorkerPool.run(ResourceWorkManager.java:437)
This is not included in one of the log files. This I see on the screen, when I am logged on to the LibreSource server.
Hello,

I have here one user having serious problems to connect to a So6queue from his computer using the Eclipse So6 plug-in.

The So6 queue seems to be set up correctly, since we can access it from other computers. The user uses Ubuntu Linux, Eclipse 3.1.0, and Java 1.4.2 (not Sun, I think its GNU). He receives different error messages from the So6 Eclipse plug-in. As we used the So6 Studio, we got a message, that the repository is corrupt, and that we should restore it. This worked, and we could update/commit. As we tired it again, it was again corrupted. So every time we commit something the repository gets corrupted. Any idea how this could happen? Are there some logs we could look at helping us to track down the error?

I will come soon with a more detailed error description, including the exact names of the errors/exceptions reported by the plug-in, and the corruption.state entries in the so6.properties file. Is there anything else we should post, which could help to track down the error?

Did somebody else experience So6 related problems?

Thank you,//Ruediger